Prompt for this week –
The Bridge to Hell
Word count – 164 Words
Her mother told her not to cross the wooden bridge.
“It’s the bridge to hell! One who goes never comes back,” she said.
Little Anna was scared and did not set foot on the wooden bridge. But now her mother was gone, her husband died in the war and her baby due to the fever. There was no one to stop her. She was not afraid of the bridge, neither of hell.
Her heart started beating faster as she set her feet on the bridge. But she took a deep breath and started walking towards the other end.
The sky was bluer, the grass greener and the air cleaner. She felt suddenly lighter as if a big load had gotten off her chest. She felt happier as she had never felt before. There was no pain, hatred or jealousy.
She wondered why this was called Hell! She hoped she had paid back for all her karma. She hoped she would never be sent back.
The rules are simple:
- Write a story, complete in itself.
- Check spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Copy and paste your Story URL to the inLinkz list.
- The story should be up to 250 words.
- Add this line < #TellTaleThursday with Anshu & Priya > at the end of the post.
- Read, comment and share – spread the love.