Prompt for this week –
You spend a night in the cemetery.
Write a story describing your experience.
Word count – 183 Words
The dead and the buried
The dead silence of the night perturbed him. Though he didn’t believe in ghosts, spending a night amongst the dead and the buried was not something he was looking forward to. But $100 was a lot, it could put food on the table for one whole week.
He found a clean looking tombstone and sat on it. The matured moon was hidden behind thick dark clouds.
“Who are you?” a thick voice demanded. He almost peed in his pants. He turned to see an old and weary man approaching him.
“Joe Rodriguez,” the old man answered.
“What has brought you here?”
“$100 if I stay put,” Mike replied confidently now the initial fear had subsided.
“It’s no place for a young lad like you.”
“I don’t believe in ghosts,” Mike answered. The old man nodded and disappeared into the dark of the night.
The next moment, the clouds parted and the moon shone on the tombstone.
Joseph Xavier Rodriguez
1893 – 1965
A loving son, husband and father
Mike passed out, but not before he felt the wetness of his pants.
The rules are simple:
- Write a story, complete in itself.
- Check spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Copy and paste your Story URL to the inLinkz list.
- The story should be up to 250 words.
- Add this line < #TellTaleThursday with Anshu & Priya > at the end of the post.
- Read, comment and share – spread the love.