The rules are simple:
- Write a story, complete in itself.
- Check spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Copy and paste your Story URL to the inLinkz list.
- The story should be up to 250 words.
- Add this line < #TellTaleThursday with Anshu & Priya > at the end of the post.
- Read, comment and share – spread the love.
Here’s the prompt:
Word count – 205 Words
When I said my vows before the God, I had every intention of keeping them. But over the years, I realised that you are not the same man with whom I had fallen in love and to whom I had made solemn promises to in the Temple of God.
People change over years, but their love does not. In our marriage, the love has expired. Neither do we share the same bed, nor the dining table. It’s for the best that I leave now.
By the time, he found her letter, she had already left the house. He ran to the station in the hope of stopping her. He saw her sitting at the window searching expectantly in the crowd. Her eyes found him and she smiled in hope. He raised his hand to wave at her, but stopped. Her smile left her face and eyes.
Since he had returned from the war, he was not the same person anymore. He had returned with a dead soul. He had nothing to offer to her.
The train lurched forward. She looked at him and he at her. Within moments, she was out of his sight. He sighed. Some goodbyes are for the better.