The other evening, as I was walking in the park with my daughter, yellow and orange leaves fell on us heralding the arrival of Autumn. That gave us an idea! We thought Autumn will be an ideal prompt for our second week of #TellTaleThursday. What say!!
Let’s make an ode to this golden season with our pen and imagination.
The rules are simple:
- Write a story, complete in itself.
- Check spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Copy and paste your Story URL to the inLinkz list.
- The story should be up to 250 words.
- Add this line < #TellTaleThursday with Anshu & Priya > at the end of the post.
- Multiple entries are welcome.
- Read, comment and share – spread the love.
Use the graphic prompt given below, weave a story, and add to the linky. Have fun!
Word count – 159 Words
Lady in Red
She was waiting by the tree, resplendent in her favourite red dress, enjoying the pretty autumn colours. She loved when the yellow, orange and red leaves fell down and became one with the earth and the crisp mountain breeze made her hair fly. Pity most people didn’t see it that way – they only saw the barren trees that reminded them of their twilight years and impending end.
She looked up and saw a couple coming her way. The man whispered something in the woman’s ear and she laughed, love shining bright in her eyes. They were pushing a stroller with a cherubic 2-year old. The toddler looked up at her and waved. She waved back. The couple looked around, but saw nothing. They hurried their steps and left the park.
She sighed. Some people had it all. But, she was happy with her tree, her red dress and wind in the hair.