Prompt for this week –
Word count – 203 Words
The Good Boy
“Michael is a good boy,” said his mother. Michael smiled secretly. While all his siblings got scolded and punished, he knew he was his mother’s blue-eyed boy. He was always there when she needed him to fetch things or to look after his younger siblings.
“Michael is a good boy,” said his teacher at the school. While kids bullied and got bullied, he kept away from trouble. He carried books to the staff room and even went to the teacher’s house in the evenings when she had a special work for him.
“Michael is a good boy,” said his boss. He was the first one to arrive in the office and the last one to leave. He packed in more work than all his colleagues combined. His superiors relied on him and his peers looked up to him.
One day, the town woke up to the news that a man was caught setting the woods and the nearby hutments on fire.
No one cared that his mother called him only when she needed money. And that he was always passed over for promotion while his colleagues who came late and left early were now his superiors.
“But Michael was a good boy,” they all exclaimed.
The rules are simple:
- Write a story, complete in itself.
- Check spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Copy and paste your Story URL to the inLinkz list.
- The story should be up to 250 words.
- Add this line < #TellTaleThursday with Anshu & Priya > at the end of the post.
- Read, comment and share – spread the love.